Obtaining a valid job offer from a Canadian employer can greatly impact your chances of being invited to apply for permanent residence.
Having a job offer can get you an additional 50 or 200 CRS points depending on the skill level of the occupation:
Brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
Scored NCLC 7 or higher on all four French language skills and scored CLB 4 or lower in English (or didn’t take an English test)
Scored NCLC 7 or higher on all four French language skills and scored CLB 5 or higher on all four English skills
Post-secondary education in Canada - credential of one or two years
Post-secondary education in Canada - credential three years or longer
Arranged employment - NOC 00
Arranged employment – any other NOC 0, A or B
Provincial or territorial nomination
You can search through the NOC list of occupations in module 2 to see if your job offer will get you an additional 50 or 200 CRS points based on the Skill Type/Level of the occupation.
In many cases, obtaining a Canadian job offer will greatly increase your chances of receiving an ITA in a subsequent draw from the Express Entry pool. Further, having a job offer in Canada can potentially open up new options/pathways that can lead to permanent residence.
Find a job with Job Match
You can begin your job search by using the Canadian government’s online Job Bank, which is a database that can match you with Canadian employers looking for workers with particular skills.
To sign up for the Job Bank, you will need to provide your Express Entry profile number and Job Seeker Validation Code (which you received when you created your Express Entry profile).
The process of creating your account is as follows:
3. You will now have the choice between a "Standard" and "Plus" account. As an Express Entry candidate, you want a "Plus" account, as it allows you get matched to jobs and lets Canadian employers invite you to apply. Click on Plus account when ready.
4. On the following page, you will be able to review the terms of creating an account. When ready, agree to the terms.
6. After clicking on "Continue", you will be sent a confirmation code to the email address you provided, which you must enter into the required field.
7. You will now be asked to select 5 security questions from a drop down and provide answers. Make sure to write your answers down for future reference.
8. After providing answers to your security questions, you will find yourself on the final page of the account creation process. Make sure to click on I have an Express Entry profile number, and I would like to register for a Plus account on Job Bank.
You can now use the Job Bank to search for a job in Canada and continue to use the Job Bank even after you have landed in Canada as a permanent resident.