The finish line is nearly in sight!
At this final stage of the process, IRCC will make sure that:
IRCC will contact you through your account to:
- request your Biometrics and provide you with further instructions;
- to confirm they have reviewed your application;
- send you updates on the status of your application;
- request additional documents (if needed)
- set up an interview (if necessary); and/or
- generally provide you with further instructions on what to do next
The status of your application from AOR to PPR
You can check the status of your application by logging into your account.
Under “View my submitted applications or profile”, click on “Check status and messages”.
Generally, your application will go through a number of steps from the time you receive your Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR) until you get your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR).
Disclaimer: The following steps should be referenced as an example only. They are based on trends and timelines provided by many applicants who have gone through the process. The process your application undergoes may differ from the example given.
After receiving your AOR, your application will progress through the following status updates:
1. Background Check: Not Applicable (NA1)
2. Medical passed – (MEP)
3. Background Check: In Progress (IP1) – R10 check happens here.
4. Background Check: Not Applicable (NA2)
5. Background Check: In Progress (IP2) – eligibility check (A11.2) happens here.
6. Background Check: Not Applicable (NA3) – this step does not always happen.
7. PPR: Passport Request
The order in which everything happens is: AOR 🡆 NA 🡆 MEP 🡆 IP1 🡆 NA2 🡆 IP2 🡆 NA3 🡆 PPR 🡆 COPR